Biotene Oral Balance Moisturizing Gel Flavor-Free, Alcohol-Free, for Dry Mouth
42 g | 1.5 oz
Cancer patients who undergo chemotherapy or radiation treatments often struggle with dry mouth symptoms, as salivary glands can be damaged or destroyed during the treatment process. Biotene Oral Balance Moisturizing Gel can help you stay moisturized for up to 4 hours.
“I have had radiation for cancer and the radiation destroyed my salivary glands. I produce almost no saliva. Oral Balance has given me the freedom to do what I want without worrying about the constant need for water. Yesterday I rode my motor cycle almost 300 miles. Before discovering Oral Balance this would not have been possible. It does not replace water, but makes it possible for me to go several hours without the need for water.”
• #1 dentist & hygienist recommended brand for dry mouth symptoms.
• Concentrated formula
• Helps soothe & protect oral tissues
• Soothing and moisturizing relief
• Helps relieve dry mouth symptoms
• With a mouth moisturizing system
• Helps soothe and protect oral tissues.
• Strong all day denture hold
• Helps maintain a healthy oral environment.
• Dry Mouth symptom relief for up to 4 hours*
• Flavor-free oral gel
• pH similar to natural saliva
• Can be used multiple times per day
Biotene Oral Balance Moisturizing Gel is the most concentrated formula in the Biotene product line, making it ideal for long-lasting relief from the symptoms of Dry Mouth (also known as Xerostomia).
• Oral Balance moisturizing Gel can be applied to the mouth or tongue and acts as a moisturizing coat.
• Contains a mouth moisturizing system that helps soothe and protect oral tissues
• Provides long-lasting relief from the feeling of dryness while you sleep
• Lubricates your mouth to aid in swallowing food Has a pH similar to natural saliva – This helps maintain a pH closer to neutral in your mouth, which is a healthy environment for your teeth and oral soft tissues
• Contains a high concentration of moisturizers and lubricants17
How to use
Place 1 to 2 cm of gel directly on the tongue and spread thoroughly inside the mouth.
To use Biotene Oral Balance Moisturizing Gel, Adults and children 12 years and older: Place approximately a half inch length of the gel directly on the tongue and spread thoroughly inside the mouth.** (**Always follow package directions.)
Use gel as required for symptom relief, especially at night or as directed by a dentist or physician. Not harmful to swallow when used as directed.
Children 12 years and under: Not for use unless directed by a healthcare professional.
• Note: Should be used after rinsing mouth.
• Close cap after each use to protect contents from moisture.
• Store below 25 degrees (77 degrees).
• Use within 60 days after opening.
• Do not use if foil seal covering tube opening is missing or broken.
• Keep out of reach of children.
• If symptoms of dry mouth persist, consult a healthcare professional.
• Do not use if you allergic to any of the ingredients.
Glycerin, Water, Sorbitol, Xylitol, Carbomer, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Sodium Hydroxide
What is dry mouth?
Dry Mouth is a condition where your mouth feels uncomfortably dry. It can happen when your body doesn’t produce enough saliva to keep your mouth moist. Symptoms vary from person to person and can range from being mild to severe. Common symptoms may include dryness in your mouth, a sticky feeling in the mouth, bad breath, feeling thirsty, difficulty swallowing or eating dry foods. Dry Mouth can be uncomfortable, and left untreated it can have consequences on your oral health. It may result in a greater risk of cavities and mouth infections.** (**Biotene not indicated for these conditions.)
Why is saliva so important?
Saliva provides a ‘first defense’ against chemical, mechanical and infectious attacks. It also:
• Protects your teeth from decay
• Helps fight infections by controlling bacteria in the mouth
Are you constantly sipping water to relieve your dry mouth symptoms?
While many people rely on water to cope with their Dry Mouth symptoms, water simply can’t provide ongoing relief and can lead to several trips to the bathroom. Since water doesn’t contain moisturizers and lubricants, the relief is only temporary.
Clinical study results*
*As measured in a 28-day clinical study
• Speaking (60.4% Improvement vs water) – Relieved Dry Mouth symptoms making it more comfortable to speak.
• Sleeping (45.5% Improvement vs water) – Improved sleep by reducing interruptions due to Dry Mouth.
• Daily Activities (49.7% Improvement vs water) – Reduced the impact of Dry Mouth on subjects’ daily activities.
Biotene oral balance gel proven superior to water.