Heather’s Tummy Teas Organic Peppermint Tea Bags, for IBS
4.2 oz net weight (120 grams) | 36 Jumbo Teabags
Peppermint is a cooling, Calming herb that through dietary management, helps relieve the symptoms of IBS, including abdominal pain, diarrhea, and urgency. Heather’s Tummy Tea is unique because it’s formulated to contain a very large leaf size and a high volatile oil content.
• Exceptional for IBS bloating and gas
• For immediate bowel soothing
• Quick relief of IBS abdominal pain and spasms.
• Calms and soothes for immediate symptom relief.
• Grown in Washington/Oregon
• Freshly packed large cut peppermint leaf.
• High volatile oil content.
• Medicinal strength and serving size.
• Generous quantity for daily use.
• Organic, kosher, gluten-free.
• Naturally caffeine-free.
• No FODMAPS.
• Volatile oil: 3% – very high!
Heather’s Tummy Tea Organic Peppermint A medical food for the dietary management of IBS. Clinical studies have shown that peppermint, as part of the diet, relieves abdominal pain, diarrhea, and urgency from IBS.
Heather’s Tummy Tea™ is unique because it is formulated to contain a very large leaf size and a high volatile oil content; it is harvested and packed to be as fresh as possible, and it is processed for minimal volatile oil dissipation.
extracts (vanilla, peppermint, almond, etc.) and mild spices generously to heighten flavors.
About Heather’s tummy care
Who’s Heather, and why is she dedicated to helping people with IBS?
Heather Van Vorous has had IBS since age 9, and for many years thought she was the only person in the world with the disorder.
Today she’s recognized as the foremost IBS “patient-expert” in America. Heather learned through research and experience what worked to control symptoms, and began helping others with IBS in 1997.
What started as an e-mail letter with dietary advice eventually grew into the best-selling books Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and then to the founding of HelpForIBS.com, the largest IBS community in the world.
Heather’s ground-breaking dietary guidelines earned her inclusion in the 4th Edition of Marquis Who’s Who in Medicine & Healthcare, an ongoing clinical research study of her IBS diet, and recipes licensed by Novartis Pharmaceuticals.
Countless patient requests for IBS-specific products led her to develop the exclusive Heather’s Tummy Care line of organic medical foods, and to produce her IBS-friendly television cooking show, Heather Cooks!
She has received thousands (and counting) of thank you letters from IBS sufferers and physicians worldwide.
The 10 commandments of eating for ibs
1. Always eat soluble fiber first, eat soluble fiber whenever your stomach is empty, and make soluble fiber foods the largest component of every meal and snack.
2. Minimize your fat intake to 25% of your diet, max. Focus on heart-healthy monounsaturated oils. Read labels and at restaurants, ask.
3. Never eat high-fat foods, even in small portions, on an empty stomach or without soluble fiber. Better still, don’t eat them at all.
4. Eliminate all triggers — red meat, dairy, fried foods, egg yolks, coffee, carbonation, soda pop, artificial sweeteners, caffeine, and alcohol — from your diet.
5. Never eat insoluble fiber on an empty stomach, in large quantities at one sitting, or without soluble fiber. Cook, chop or puree insoluble fiber foods to make them safer.
6. Eat small portions frequently, calmly, and leisurely.
7. If you’re unsure about something, don’t eat it. It’s not worth the risk.
8. Food is fun and eating should be pleasurable. Take the time and make the effort to eat safely, and then enjoy yourself.
9. Remember that you have absolute and total control over your diet. No one can force you to eat something you know you shouldn’t.
10. Practice creative substitution, not deprivation. Use soy or rice replacements for dairy, two egg whites to replace a whole egg, try low-fat vegetarian versions of meat products, replace some oil with fruit purees in pieces of bread or cakes, use veggie broth instead of oil in sauces, bake with cocoa powder (it’s fat free) instead of solid chocolate. Use herbs, baking.