The Breast and Chest Buddy – Seatbelt Cushion for Open Heart Surgery and Chest Reconstruction Sites – Solid Gray with Heart
Shipping Weight: 3.2 ounces
The Breast and Chest Buddy is a seatbelt “cocoon” to cushion delicate mastectomy or port-a-cath sites following surgery. No mastectomy patient should leave the hospital or breast center without the Breast and Chest Buddy in place. Designed to make the post-surgical ride home, and every ride thereafter, a more comfortable and safer experience. Portable, washable, and designed for bilateral use.
• Make every ride comfortable – patent pending. a ride home after a major chest, abdominal, or shoulder surgery shouldn’t be unbearable, but the seatbelt often irritates stitches and tender areas. never sacrifice safety in your vehicle because of a painful seatbelt. now you can be safe in your car as well as comfortable with the breast & chest buddy seatbelt cushion.
• Perfect for everyone – no matter the procedure or complication, the breast & chest buddy is a perfect solution. great after heart surgeries, chemo port placements, shoulder procedures, breast surgeries, or even place over the stomach for abdominal surgeries. you can even use it if you just don’t enjoy the rub or pull of the seatbelt in your car.
• Universally efficient – the breast and chest buddy works on all kinds of seatbelts in every single car. it can be used on left or right seatbelts or even lap belts. no matter where you’re experiencing the discomfort, the breast & chest buddy is designed for your relief. simply detach the hook and loop, put around the seatbelt in the desired area, and reattach for a relaxed ride.
• High quality cushioning– you’ll be amazed at the cushioning inside the breast &chest buddy. it is super soft, flexible, and shock absorbing. even when you’re going over speed bumps, the breast & chest buddy protects you. it is enclosed in an ultra-soft fabric so if feels amazing on the skin, unlike the irritation of a rubbing seatbelt. sit comfortably, no matter how long the trip.
This was designed by a Breast Cancer Sister who had a Mastectomy and then it was tested by many women. Whether you are facing a Mastectomy, Lumpectomy or Reconstructive surgeries, The Chest Buddy TM is amazing! If you have Lymphedema or need protection for your CHEMO PORT or even if you NEVER had Breast Cancer and seatbelts bother you, this is for you.
• The perfect gift to give to someone who has just undergone a mastectomy or any chest surgery!
• The Breast and Chest Buddy works on all kinds of seatbelts in every single car. It can be used on left or right seatbelt or even lap belts. No matter where you’re experiencing the discomfort, The Chest Buddy is designed for your relief.
• Simply detach the hook and loop, put around the seatbelt in the desired area, and reattach for a relaxed ride. You’ll be amazed at the cushioning inside The Chest Buddy. It is super soft, flexible, and shock absorbing. Even when you’re going over speed bumps, The Chest Buddy protects you. It is enclosed in an ultra-soft fabric so it feels amazing on the skin, unlike the irritation of a rubbing seatbelt.
package contains (1) the breast & chest buddy seatbelt cushion for mastectomy and breast reconstruction sites – solid gray with breast cancer awareness ribbon. remove foam and close prior to watching. wash on gentle cycle, dry low or air dry. made in the USA.
What Is It?
The Breast & Chest Buddy™ is a unique, patented seatbelt cocoon to better cushion delicate mastectomy and breast reconstruction sites.
No mastectomy patient should leave the hospital or breast center without the Breast & Chest Buddy™ in place.
About Maria Jiunta Heck
Maria Jiunta Heck, President of Green Gables Enterprises, designer, and owner of the Breast & Chest Buddy™, was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2009 and underwent a bilateral mastectomy. As every mastectomy patient knows, our bodies become difficult to maneuver immediately following surgery, and simple tasks, such as driving a car and fastening a seatbelt prove daunting and difficult.
Because a mastectomy patient may go through multiple procedures over the next 8 to 12 months, it is imperative to cushion the delicate area where a seatbelt rests daily. A pillow is not the answer.
Since no one had ever designed a product like this at the time, she would. Thus, the Breast & Chest Buddy™ was born. Nine years and ten procedures later and Maria still wears her Breast & Chest Buddy™ every, single day.
No one understands what a mastectomy patient needs like another mastectomy patient.