Worried about chemo hair loss or hair growth after chemo? We’ve collected tips from reputable websites such as Mayo Clinic, Cancer Research UK, National Cancer Institute, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, etc. to give you more information to deal with chemo hair loss.
Both men and women report hair loss as one of the side effects they fear most after being diagnosed with cancer.
Cancer ...in under 3 months .... you have taken my breast, my lymph nodes, my fertility, my energy levels, my days and now the final kick in the teeth ... my hair! 3 days before chemo round 2. I cried my heart out.. I won’t deny it and didn’t think I would but there is something so desperately sad to stare back at someone who now bears the hallmark stamp of chemo and I guess the reflection was another reminder of what I was fighting! Just need to say a massive thank you to @kascott77 who I gave the unenviable task of shaving it off and who has been there from day one ❤️. I personally think she has missed her vocation in life 😂😂 So shitty Cancer ...you may have taken all of the above but you will NEVER take my strength, my humour, my style, nor my amazing amazing friends who have my back.... so whether it’s bald Jodi, wiggy Jodi or funky turban Jodi, you stand zero chance of breaking me! I will win this fight! #thisisme #chemohairloss #breastcancer #cancer #britneybreakdownhairstyle #gijanestyle #checkyourself #coppafeel #warrior
#fbf To a year ago when I was driving to the hospital 2x/week: lab every Tuesday for blood draws to verify my WBC count was high enough to tolerate the chemo infusion and then chemo (Taxol) each Wednesday. Macy was such a sweet and patient sidekick, waiting and playing with stickers from the nurses while Mama gave blood. I always made the weekly trip out to be no big deal and she got a sticker every time and felt special. My positive attitude made her ok with it all...even though I wondered if I was traumatizing her by having to go through all this. 🙈 But it was real life and I don’t believe in hiding. We talked about what she had questions about, grieved things we both didn’t like (losing my hair, too many doctor appointments, etc), but mostly, after that, she just wanted to do all the normal things we enjoy. Kids move on and heal. I’ve learned so much from my daughter. . #cancerwarrior #breastcancersurvivor #kidsaregreatteachers #proudmama #cancermama #chemohair #fbf #baldisbeautiful
Round 2...let’s do this. If you are wondering what this contraption is on my head.. this is the cold cap. This is used in hopes of keep a portion of my hair. Because for me, I want to feel and look as normal as possible for my daughter during this battle. Shout out to this guy for handling the caps. They have to be changed out every 20 mins for 8 hours. #coldcaptherapy #penguincoldcaps #ovariancancer #weare.survivors @coldcapitalfund
🎀 Hair Progress 🎀 Feeling a wee bit emotional today. It marks 1 year since my first chemo and 8 months since my last. Here is me, 2, 4, 6 and today - 8 Months post Chemo. Health wise, I’m feeling good. Hair wise, it’s SLOW progress 🤦🏼♀️ In the olden days, my hair grew so fast, I really did expect a bob by now. My body recovering and the hormone treatment is slowing growth. When it all fell out, I remember googling hair regrowth post chemo but couldn’t find anything too useful. Hopefully this will help someone in my balding situation last year at this time 😘😘 #tamsinthomsonart #pinkribbon #breastcancer #breastcancerawareness #raisingcancerawareness #cancersurvivor #chemotherapy #chemohairgrowth #chemohairloss #chemohair #checkyourself #tlc #touchlookcheck #bald #baldgirl #hairregrowth #positivevibes #positivity #thankgodformakeup #makeup #cancersupport #cancer #cancerawareness
Regrowth is a process that doesn’t happen overnight, so I’m trying to be patient.
1. Hair Loss. Cancerorg. 2018. Available at: cancer.org. Accessed April 27, 2018.
2. 4 Things to Ask About Cancer and Hair Loss. CancerNet. 2018. Available at: CancerNet. Accessed April 27, 2018.
3. Chemotherapy and hair loss: What to expect during treatment. Mayo Clinic. 2018. Available at: Mayo Clinic. Accessed April 27, 2018.
4. Cold F, Health E, Disease H et al. 12 Ways to Handle Hair Loss From Chemotherapy. WebMD. 2018. Available at: WebMD. Accessed April 27, 2018
5. Hair loss, hair thinning and cancer drugs | Cancer drugs | Cancer Research UK. Cancerresearchukorg. 2018. Available at: Cancer Research UK. Accessed April 27, 2018.
6. Hair Loss – Cancer Council Victoria. Cancervicorgau. 2018. Available at: Cancervic.org.au. Accessed April 27, 2018.
7. Clinics U. Dealing with Cancer Therapy Hair Loss. University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics. 2018. Available at: uihc.org. Accessed April 27, 2018.
8. Hair Loss (Alopecia). National Cancer Institute. 2018. Available at: cancer.gov. Accessed April 27, 2018.
9. Hair loss and cancer treatment. Cancerie. 2018. Available at: cancer.ie. Accessed April 27, 2018.
10. Hair Loss | Cancer Support Community. Cancersupportcommunityorg. 2018. Available at: cancersupportcommunity.org. Accessed April 27, 2018.
11. Hair loss during cancer treatment – Dana-Farber Cancer Institute | Boston, MA. Dana-farberorg. 2018. Available at: dana-farber.org. Accessed April 27, 2018.
12. Cancer treatment and hair loss | Cancer Council NSW. Cancer Council NSW. 2018. Available at: cancercouncil.com.au. Accessed April 27, 2018.